Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Problem in calling invalid packages in pro*c
Problem in calling invalid packages in pro*c [message #237902] Wed, 16 May 2007 01:58
gkodakalla
Hi,
we wrote a common package in pl/sql which would be used in pro*c and java programs. This common packages uses few tables, which are accessed by public synonyms and are not owned by the schema owning this package.

We do switch the synonyms every day after loading. So if i have a table T1.
i have one public synonym T1 which points to table T1. Also i have another table T2. One day the public synonym points to T1 table and on second day it points to T2.

What is happening is after the loading of the table, the package body is becoming invalid.. Any further call to the package in pl/sql and java is working fine. In Pro*c, where we make 5 dedicated connections and retain those connections throughout, call to this invalid package is failing with the error message:

06508, 00000, "PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called"

We need to bounce our pro*c programs to avoid this problem. This pro*c program is multi threaded program ,which takes 5 oracle connections.

Can anyone advice what would be the problem, which is happening only for pro*c programs? Was there any thing we have to do while connecting to the database??

Thanks

Giridhar

PS: I had also posted the same doubt in oracle forums.
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=508259&tstart=0

Previous Topic: ProCobol compiling errors
Next Topic: problem with fopen in Pro*C
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:39:11 CDT 2024