Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » function keys press--- help me please
function keys press--- help me please [message #86665] Mon, 18 October 2004 05:54 Go to next message
aditya gangadharam
hi,

i am an oracle forms developer fresher
thanks for the help..

i am trying to get a message that "You have pressed F9 key" when i press the function key F9 for this i wrote the code in key-f9 trigger in the from-level. but still i am not getting the message when i press the function ke F9. what is the mistake i did...?
how to get the message..?

thanks for help...

aditya gangadharam
Re: function keys press--- help me please [message #86666 is a reply to message #86665] Mon, 18 October 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rupa
when you press F9 key, key listval trigger gets called. so write the code in this trigger and check out.
Re: function keys press--- help me please [message #86677 is a reply to message #86666] Tue, 19 October 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adtiya gangadharam
hi,

thanks rupa for help,

could u please give that trigger events and that block code in detail as i am new to the oracle forms.

i have got so many doubts that where to write the KEY-LISTVAL trigger is it in the form-level or block-level or item-level. how do the system recognizes that f9 key is pressed by the user so i have to display the message.

thanks for help.

aditya gangadharam
Re: function keys press--- help me please [message #86689 is a reply to message #86677] Tue, 19 October 2004 07:20 Go to previous message
rupa
Hi,
F9 key will always be pressed by the user only.
The item on which the lov is attached, make a key-listval trigger on this item.
KEY-LISTVAL

message('You have pressed F9 key');
Previous Topic: hide/unhide text on tab
Next Topic: sort display by clicking on head of column in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 00:27:13 CDT 2024