Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » How do I run a UNIX script from an OWB Process Flow? (Oracle 10g 10.2 OWB 10.2 UNIX AIX Version 6.1)
How do I run a UNIX script from an OWB Process Flow? [message #447241] Fri, 12 March 2010 11:18 Go to next message
Ch3mistry
Newbie here, trying to run a simple UNIX script fron an OWB ProcessFlow and I'm getting this error below.

IQY_TST:SQLPLUS
Error
RPE-02249: Control Center property SQLPlus.security_constraint has invalid value ENABLED.

1- I dropped the SQLPLUS object from the Process Editor Palette into my process flow between the Start and End objects.
2- I added @/DWHApp/row_count.sql@ to the PARAMETER_LIST parameter in the SQLPLUS Explorer.
3- In the row_count.sql script, all I do is a count(*) on a table, I don't connect to the DB or anything, do I need to?
4- Next I Deploy and Execute.

This is probably an easy task, but I'm just not getting it, any help is appreciated.

thank you. Doug...
Re: How do I run a UNIX script from an OWB Process Flow? [message #447613 is a reply to message #447241] Tue, 16 March 2010 09:46 Go to previous message
Ch3mistry
OK, I figured this error out, I had to change the SQLPlus.security_constraint in Runtime.properties from DISABLED to NATIVE_JAVA. DISABLED is not a valid option.

I'm still having problems getting my script to run though. I don't get an error but it prompts me with the SQLPlus syntax.

USAGE: sqlplus -H | -V etc...

My script starts by connecting properly (or at least it works when I run it from the UNIX command line) so I'm not sure what to try next. Here are the contents of the script.

sqlplus common/xxxxx@DWTEST<<EOF
spool /DWHApp/dwbm/sql/test.log
select 'rd1mas_stage records ', count(*) from rd1mas_stage;

I get the same results no matter how I change my script, even by taking out the SQLPlus command.

I'm just not understanding this, its like it's not communicating with UNIX. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Previous Topic: SQL Server source connection to OWB
Next Topic: OWB Connectivity problem with "User Defined" Activity...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:02:56 CDT 2024