Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » What is Load Failure strategy in OWB (WINXP)
What is Load Failure strategy in OWB [message #335594] Tue, 22 July 2008 21:42 Go to next message
mbhkr5
Hi All,

Can OWB handle load failures? If so, how?
Say, there are some 100 records in my source, and the execution has aborted when 50 records are loaded into the target. Now when I start my execution next time, it should start from 51st record, How can I implement this?

This is very critical for me, as we have to load millions of records, and loading all the records will be time constraint.
Please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Joshna
Re: What is Load Failure strategy in OWB [message #336984 is a reply to message #335594] Tue, 29 July 2008 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rado4377
There are various ways of handling this.
1. In your mapping properties you can set the BULK_SIZE,COMMIT_FREQUENCEY AND MAXIMUM_NUMBER_OF_ERRORS params appropriately.
2.Alteratively you can set these param while executing the mapping from Control Centre.
3. You can create a process flow and control the data transfer by creating checkpoints between the mappings(if there are more than one mapping to be executed).

There are also ways of controlling the process flows and re-starting the mapping/process flow from the point of failure rather than running the whole set again.

Thanks
Re: What is Load Failure strategy in OWB [message #337381 is a reply to message #336984] Wed, 30 July 2008 13:00 Go to previous message
mbhkr5
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

There are also ways of controlling the process flows and re-starting the mapping/process flow from the point of failure rather than running the whole set again.

Can you explain in brief a way to implement this loading from the failed record.

Regards,
Joshna
Previous Topic: How to email mapping error message.
Next Topic: Analytic functions in custom calculated measures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:04:03 CDT 2024